French City Village
This enclave consists of a total of eleven original lots on a block bordered by Hardee Road on the south, Cellini on the east, Cotorro on the north, and Leonardo on the west. Designed in 1926 by Architect Mott Schmidt who partnered with Anderson Fowler, a New Jersey developer and attorney, he intended for the homes to create a contiguous but individualized group of small classical villas with walled gardens and garages in an interpretation of the eighteenth century French style. The structures were a prelude of the townhouse communities which became popular four decades later.
French Country Village